About the W3Schools site
W3Schools is the largest site for web developers on the Internet!
Over 3 billion website pages are visited every year!
More than 70 million visitors every month!
W3Schools is the best educational site for free online education!
What is W3Schools?
The site takes its name from the World Wide Web (W3), but is not affiliated with the W3C.
The original site W3Schools was created in 1998 by the Norwegian software development and consulting company Refsnes Data.
W3Schools is a school for web developers and programmers, covering various aspects of web development and programming, providing lessons both for beginners and quite convenient and useful help (guides) for more experienced developers.
The following tutorials are available on the W3Schools website:
- HTML Tutorial — lessons on HTML — the standard markup language for web pages. It is used to create websites and web applications. The foundation of all foundations for web developers. No website can be created without using HTML. Learning the basics of web development begins with HTML. HTML language is easy to learn — you will enjoy learning and your own results! This tutorial contains training materials according to the current HTML5 specification.
- CSS Tutorial — lessons on CSS — the language of styling web pages. It is an integral part of modern web pages and web applications. Together with HTML, it is the basis of creating websites, serves for the visual design and styling of modern websites. CSS is a language that describes the style of an HTML document. CSS describes how HTML elements should be displayed. This tutorial will teach you how to write CSS from basic to advanced.
- PHP Tutorial — lessons on PHP, a scripting language used to create interactive websites and web applications. The PHP language works on the server side, generating ready-made HTML pages. PHP is a powerful tool for creating dynamic and interactive web pages. PHP is a widely used, free and effective alternative to competitors such as Microsoft ASP. This tutorial provides lessons on the latest version of PHP 8.
- SQL Tutorial — lessons on SQL — the language used to create and manage databases. SQL is a standard language for storing, processing and retrieving data in databases. This SQL tutorial will teach you how to use SQL in: MySQL, SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Postgres and other database systems.
- Python Tutorial — lessons on Python, a programming language used to create websites and applications. Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with strict dynamic typing. It was developed in 1990 by Guido van Rossum and since then has become one of the most popular programming languages. Python is used in many fields such as web development, scientific research, machine learning, game development, robotics, cybersecurity and many more. Python can be used to create a variety of programs, from simple scripts to complex web applications. Python is also used for scientific software development, data analysis, image processing, game development, robotics, cybersecurity, and more. Python is considered one of the easiest languages for beginners to learn programming. Recommended for learning as the first programming language for beginners (for schoolchildren, students). On this site, you will be able to go through the basics of the Python language, as well as Python-based technologies such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Django.
- Java Tutorial — lessons on Java — a programming language used to create application programs in a wide variety of areas and fields activity Java is one of the most popular programming languages in the world. Java is considered a universal programming language that can be used to program any mechanism, robot or machine. Java is also used to develop mobile applications, web applications, desktop applications, games and much more. The most famous operating systems that were written in the Java programming language: Android OS, BlackBerry Tablet OS and JavaOS.
- Kotlin Tutorial — lessons on Kotlin is a modern, relevant programming language released by JetBrains in 2016. Kotlin is easy to learn, especially if you already know Java (Kotlin is 100% compatible with Java). Kotlin is used to develop Android apps, backend apps, and more. Kotlin runs on various platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.). On this site, you can learn the basics of the Kotlin programming language.
- Go Tutorial — lessons on Go (or Golang) is a cross-platform open source programming language. Go can be used to create high-performance applications. Go is a fast, statically typed, compiled language that looks like a dynamically typed, interpreted language. Go was developed at Google by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson in 2007. The syntax of Go is similar to C++. Go is used for: web development (server-side), network application development, cross-platform enterprise application development, cloud native development. On this site you can learn the basics of the Go programming language.
- C Tutorial — C lessons is a general purpose programming language created by Dennis Ritchie at Bell Laboratories in 1972 year It is a very popular language, despite the fact that it is quite old. The C language is closely associated with UNIX because it was developed to create the UNIX operating system. The C language is very powerful; it was used and continues to be used for the development of operating systems, databases, programs, etc.
- C++ Tutorial — lessons on C++ (C plus plus) is a very popular programming language. C++ is used to create computer programs and is one of the most popular languages in game development. C++ is a cross-platform language that can be used to create high-performance applications. C++ was developed by Bjarne Straustrup as an extension of the C language. The C++ language gives programmers a high level of control over system resources and memory. C++ is also called an improved version of the C language — one of the main and first programming languages invented by programmers. Programmers jokingly refer to C++ as C on anabolics because it offers more programming options than C. C++ can be found in modern operating systems, graphical user interfaces, and embedded systems. C++ is an object-oriented programming language that provides a clear structure to programs and enables code reuse, reducing development costs. C++ is portable and can be used to develop programs that can be adapted to many platforms.
- C# Tutorial — C# Tutorials (C-Sharp) is a programming language developed by Microsoft that works on the .NET Framework platform. It was created by Anders Heilsberg and his team at Microsoft in the early 2000s as part of the .NET Framework. C# is used to develop web applications, desktop applications, mobile applications, games and much more. C# offers several advantages. First, it has a syntax similar to other popular programming languages such as Java, which makes it easier to learn if you are already familiar with those languages. Second, C# is in high demand in the job market as there are many opportunities for skilled C# developers. In addition, learning C# opens up opportunities to develop cross-platform applications using frameworks. All in all, learning C# gives you a versatile programming language that can be applied in a variety of fields, provides career opportunities, and allows you to create a wide variety of software products.
- XML Tutorial — lessons on XML — proposed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standard for constructing markup languages hierarchically structured data for exchange between different applications, in particular, via the Internet.
- W3.CSS Tutorial — lessons on W3.CSS — a framework created and distributed by the authors of the W3Schools site.
- AppML Tutorial — lessons on AppML — a dictionary for defining web applications, from the authors of the W3Schools website.
- And much more...
W3Schools focuses on simplicity.
W3Schools practices simple and clear learning.
W3Schools uses simple code explanations with simple illustrations of how to use it.
The W3Schools tutorials start at the basic level and progress to professional recommendations.
Try it yourself
W3Schools offers thousands of code examples.
Using our online editor, Try It Yourself, you can edit the examples and run the computer code experimentally to see, what works and what doesn't, before its implementation.
W3Schools is absolutely free!
W3Schools has always been and will be a completely free resource for developers and for all those who want to learn how to program and develop websites.
You can help
Many people work very hard to keep the W3Schools site useful, educational, up to date and interesting.
If you find an error or a broken link, please let us know.
Use the "CONTACTS" button at the bottom of each page.
Add a link to the W3SchoolsUA site
If you want others to know about W3Schools, add links to us on other Internet resources (websites, social networks, etc.).
To add a plain text link, paste the following HTML code into your site:
If you would like to link with a banner, please select from here: Banners and Buttons
Demographics of users
|Australia and Oceania
Source: Google Analytics