What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with strict dynamic typing. It was developed in 1990 by Guido van Rossum and since then has become one of the most popular programming languages. Python is used in many fields such as web development, scientific research, machine learning, game development, robotics, cybersecurity and many more.
Using the Python language, you can create a variety of programs, from simple scripts to complex web applications. Python is also used for scientific software development, data analysis, image processing, game development, robotics, cybersecurity, and more.Start learning Python now »
Where is Python used?
Python is used in a wide range of areas, including:
- Web development: Python is one of the most popular languages for creating websites and web applications. It is used to build popular frameworks such as Django, Flask, and Pyramid.
- Artificial Intelligence: Python is a popular language for developing artificial intelligence and machine learning. It is used to build frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Scikit-learn.
- Data Analysis: Python is a popular language for data analysis. It is used to create tools such as Pandas, NumPy and SciPy.
- Game development: Python is a popular language for game development. It is used to create games such as Minecraft, Roblox and Fortnite.
- Scientific Computing: Python is a popular language for scientific computing. It is used to create tools such as NumPy, SciPy and Matplotlib.
What can you create with Python?
Using Python, you can create a wide range of programs, sites and applications. Here are some of the most famous examples:
- Websites: YouTube, Instagram, Spotify, Netflix
- Web applications: Google Maps, Gmail, Facebook Messenger
- Artificial Intelligence: Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant
- Data analysis: Tableau, QlikView, Power BI
- Game development: Minecraft, Roblox, Fortnite
- Scientific calculations: Mathematica, MATLAB, Python
Python - is a powerful and versatile programming language that can be used to create a wide variety of programs. It is popular in many industries and has a large developer community.
Learning by Examples
With our "Try it Yourself" editor, you can edit Python code and view the result.
Try it Yourself »
Click on the "Try it Yourself" button to see how it works.
Python File Handling
In our File Handling section, you will learn how to open, read, write, and delete files.
Python Database Handling
In our database section, you will learn how to access and work with MySQL and MongoDB databases:Python MySQL Tutorial Python MongoDB Tutorial
Learn by examples! This tutorial supplements all explanations with clarifying examples.
Test your Python skills with a quiz.
You will also find complete function and method references:Reference Overview Built-in Functions String Methods List/Array Methods Dictionary Methods Tuple Methods Set Methods File Methods Python Keywords Python Exceptions Python Glossary Random Module Requests Module Math Module CMath Module
Download Python from the official Python website: https://python.org
Kickstart your career
Get certified by completing the courseGet certified